Friday, January 9, 2009

1/4

I am officially done with 1/4 of my certification class...not that 1/4 is really significant at all. To update those who I haven't talked to or emailed, it's all going well so far! My class has about 15 students in it, and everyone seems pretty cool. There are several from the States, and several from the UK as well. There are also a few students that aren't from an English-speaking country but learned it living elsewhere. The class is intense and fast-paced but we get certified in 4 weeks so what else could be expected? Yesterday was our first "practice class"...practice in the sense that it's part of the certification class... we still have "real" students who are learning English. They participate because they receive the classes for free. I taught a beginner class on "A Day at the Park" yesterday and today I had intermediate and taught "Leisure Activities". The students who attend these classes are all very nice and eager to learn. They come because they want to learn so that of course makes it much easier to teach!
My apartment is great and my roommates are all awesome. If you haven't read any of my other posts, here's a refresher. I have 4 roommates, all from Spain. There are two Laura's, and the two guys are Dubra and Borja. They are all really nice & helpful and fun to live with! We have dinner basically every night together which is nice because as much as I love the food here, I go to the grocery store and realize I have no idea what to actually COOK for myself!
I've done a lot of "errands" after class which usually turns into me going to one place for something I need, and then wondering around to see yet another area of Madrid. Yesterday (Saturday) I went walking for several hours...maybe 5 or so!...and explored more of the old area of Madrid. I better be dropping a few pounds with all this walking I'm doing!
Anyway...I know this isn't a really interesting post and there aren't any funny stories to share, but people have been telling me to write something so I at least wanted to give everyone an update!
Below are two pictures of me with my roommates from last night.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Love the photos. Say hello to your roommates for me. I'm glad they are taking good care of you!

Anonymous said...

ahhh i'm so glad you are having a great tme! we miss you!

Anonymous said...

These are great to read...I really enjoy them. Of course, I'm glad everything's going well!! Love you!